Marnie Glickman Curtis
95 El Capitan Drive
San Rafael, CA 94903
ENGAGEMENT DIRECTOR, Reverend Billy and The Stop Shopping Choir, 2014 to 2017
The non-profit organization's supporter base is 125,000 strong. The annual budget is $250,000
• Managed the unmanageable work of 40 performance artists including media, travel, communications and development.
• Inspired fans and supporters to take action online and offline.
• Worked with Reverend Billy to develop nonviolent direct actions, political messaging and media relations.
• Developed US Map of Poisoned Parks and Playgrounds and identified more than 100,000 public spaces sprayed with glyphosate.
• Participated in direct actions in Trump Tower, Standing Rock, Ferguson, MO and at Monsanto’s World Headquarters.
SCHOOL BOARD TRUSTEE, Dixie School District, 2015 to present
I was elected to office in 2015 and am serving a five-year term as a volunteer. Our school district serves 1,996 students from transitional kindergarten to eighth grade.
• Manage $20 million annual budget and more than 100 employees.
• Led successful effort to create a sanctuary school district.
• Conducted a successful nationwide search for a new superintendent.
MANAGING DIRECTOR, Green Party of California, 2011-2012
Green Party of California has approximately 100,000 members and 65 local elected officials.
• Created and implemented annual plan including development, communications, organizing and technology.
• Managed more than 100 volunteers and 12 committees.
• Designed voter registration drive and trained dozens of volunteers.
CAMPAIGN MANAGER AND PROJECT MANAGER, 2001-2014
• Managed and won two insurgent local campaigns in Marin County, Connolly for County Supervisor and Bragman for Water Board.
• Developed fundraising plan for Fibershed, a Bay area campaign dedicated to local, slow, organic clothing.
• Managed more than a dozen committees and dozens of volunteers as managing director for the California Green Party.
• Led successful effort to revise the US Green Party platform for the first time in ten years.
• Worked as development and organizing director for Commercial Alert, a nonprofit organization started by Ralph Nader.
FUNDRAISER AND ORGANIZER 1992-2000
Raised more than ten million dollars from individuals for candidates and progressive causes. I managed logistics and operations for more than 10 candidates for federal office. I was trained by the most effective, progressive Democratic leaders in the country and transformed into a Green activist in 1999.
• Started Ralph Nader’s 2000 presidential campaign in my DC home. Served as Finance Director.
• Co-created Organic Consumer Association’s first national campaign against genetic engineering as Political Director.
• Served as Deputy Director of Major Gifts at EMILY’s List, a PAC for pro-choice Democratic women candidates.
• Worked as finance director on several congressional campaigns including three sitting Members of Congress.
• Worked as site advance staff for President Clinton and Secretary Clinton on the Clinton for President campaign.
LEWIS AND CLARK LAW SCHOOL
Juris Doctorate, 2004
BA in Government, 1992